Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Work

So as you all know, the auto industry, especially for full size trucks, sucks right now. Since August 8th, we haven't built a single truck at the plant. Thankfully, they didn't show us the door and we still have jobs. You guys also know that I work a rotating schedule, 2 weeks days 2 weeks nights. Which kinda sucks. Ok it more than kinda sucks. They made an announcement yesterday that they are putting the night shift on hold till April. 1st shift will be from 6:30am to 3:15pm and 2nd shift will be from 8:30am to 5:15pm. So for the next 6 months I will actually be able to have a life outside of work. I have know idea what to do with myself and the almost normal work schedule. What's going to suck is going back to a rotating shift in April, but hey, I've done it for almost 3 years now, so it shouldn't be too bad.

No comments: