Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Logan and the bus

So here's what happened.

Brody told the bus driver that his little brother wasn't on the bus, right? Since you have the older of the two boys telling you that his brother is missing, you would think to check into it, right? Well, not this bus driver. She still left the campus. The next day she said that Brody never told her anything like that. So I'm thinking 'Maybe she just didn't hear him', Brody sits directly behind the bus driver. They have assigned seating so his seat never changes and Brody can be a very loud child. I don't think that she didn't hear him. I think because she has another route to run after the elementary route, that she pretended not to hear him.

I was on nights that week, so dad helped me out with this a lot. We contacted the Super for transportation as well as the super for the district. The story we got is that again the bus driver says that Brody never told her anything like that. Apparently they have a roll call list they are supposed to check off after the bus is loaded. Needless to say, she got her butt chewed. I don't think the bus driver likes me anymore.

The super for the district chewed the principal out because the aides failed to check for a note from the parent stating that he was a car rider for the day. The principal then chewed the aides and his homeroom teacher for failing to check for a note and for approaching me about Logan's class room behavior when both he and I had just gone through a very stressful situation. I've been assured that it won't happen again and that even if there is a note from me saying that I'll be picking them up, they are still going to call my cell to double check.

I hope this doesn't happen again because I don't think I could handle it. That day Logan didn't get off the bus, my stomach literally hit the sidewalk. With the way the world is today and all the threats to a 5 year old that are out there, if it does happen again I may just go ballistic.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thats ridiculous! I would have lost it the first time it happened! One of the guys that works with Joey went to the bank the other day during lunch & saw the babysitters car was there also. He didn't really think anything of it, parked and went inside where he saw the babysitter in line-without his baby! He ran back out to the car and there was his baby, windows cracked, strapped in the carseat!! He handled the situation and remained calm. Just FYI for anyone, you'll be hearing my story from handuffs because I would FLIP out!! Good job keeping your cool!

David said...

You never did tell us what happened to Logan for lying to the people about being a car rider. This whole event never would have happened if he didn’t lie to them. You know they could just do away with the busses and you would not have this issue Worse things could have happened, use your imagination.